Data Migration of Online Givers
from Elexio Deluxe to Elexio Giving
If migrating from Elexio Deluxe to Elexio Community, and you are using Elexio Deluxe online giving, event registration payments or forms payments, you will want to do this migration of usernames & passwords, saved payment methods and recurring giving schedules from Elexio Deluxe to Elexio Giving.
- This is a separate migration that is run by the Elexio Data Migration Team after you have completed the migration of all data from Elexio Deluxe to Elexio Community.
- The Data Migration of Online Givers includes:
2) Saved Payment Methods
3) Recurring Giving Schedules
- For who? It is more than just the scheduled givers. It is all "active" status individuals who have given or made a payment in the past.
- Why is this a big deal? Users will not have to re-create an account or re-enter their recurring giving schedules.
- Their Accounts (username and password) will be ready for them to login through the Elexio Giving portal. They do not have to re-create accounts
- Their giving schedules will be live and active in Elexio Giving. They will keep triggering on the exact same schedule, whether one-time, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Their saved payment methods (card #'s and or bank #’s) will be there (in Elexio Giving) and are available for form payments and mobile app giving. The Giving Portal currently requires donors to re-enter card info one time for the "give now" function and setting up new schedules.
- You will just change the link on your website to point to Elexio Giving instead of Deluxe Portal/Giving and add some text that says something like, "We had a system change on 9/12/17. The pages may look different, but you will use the same email address and password to log in."
- The schedules will be deleted from Deluxe during this process so people are not double charged. People will still be able to set up online giving through Deluxe until you turn off online giving in the Deluxe Database Options area, so you will want to turn that off immediately after sign-off of this data migration of Online Givers unless you have registration form you need to keep open for a season.
- The migration includes email address (username) and password as well as their address, phone number (default number or if no default is selected, the first phone number it finds), and their saved payment methods. Most churches have as many or more people who give online manually/periodically as they do people who give online with recurring schedules.
Back to Top
- You complete the Pre-migration tasks below, such as setting up your Giving account, integrating it, and matching up fund names.
- You complete the Data Migration of all your data from Deluxe to Community
- Notify us that you have signed-off the Data Migration and are ready for the Data Migration of Online Givers
- We run the Data Migration of Online Givers (as close to that date/time as possible)
- We notify you when it is complete and email you a spreadsheet with the details
- You review it and notify us of your sign-off
- You complete your post-conversion tasks listed below.
Back to Top
Your required tasks:
❑ 1. Make sure your Elexio Giving account is active. If you have not activated it yet, fill out the form at the bottom of the elexio.com online giving signup page to get the ball rolling. It typically takes 2 to 4 days for your account to get verified and set up. There are multiple steps like uploading a copy of a canceled check, so keep checking your email.
❑ 2. Add all funds into Elexio Giving that are being used for Deluxe online giving schedules. We recommend a matching fund name for all 3 systems: Deluxe, Giving and Community. Go to Elexio Giving > Organization > Fund Management to add the new fund names. If you are changing the fund name that you want displayed in the new Elexio Giving system, we recommend changing the fund name in Deluxe before the migration. If the fund names don't match exactly, the migration will add a new fund name into Elexio Giving and use it for the Giving Schedules. Fund names can be changed in Giving, but that change does not replicate to the giving schedules, so you would have to manually change every one of them. The migration will only match (or create) fund names that have active giving schedules. it will not migrate any of your fund names that are not being used for schedules.
❑ 3. Set up Giving/Community Integration in Elexio Giving by going to Organization > ChMS Integration (Integration instructions).
❑ 4. On the integration page of Giving, link each fund that you will be using for online giving to the corresponding fund name in the Community list. Go to Elexio Giving > Organization > ChMS Integration.
❑ 5. Certain characters are not allowed in Elexio Giving fund names. They are pipes and parenthesis – “|” and “()”. If you have these characters in your Deluxe fund names that are used for online giving, change them in Deluxe and Giving before your Online Giving Data Migration. If you do not change them, the migration changes "(" and ")" to "_" and changes pipes to "_". If you have any of these characters, change them in both Elexio Deluxe and Elexio Giving so they match.
❑ 6. Verify that your dropout (inactive) statuses are part of the Status Drop Out grouping. See Administration > Codes > Status. This will assure that you do not migrate past donors who are no longer active.
❑ 7. Run a Deluxe report of all your Scheduled Givers so you can review it now and so you can compare it to the schedules that are migrated into Elexio Giving later. Go to Deluxe > Reports > Giving & Finances > Scheduled Giving – FCR3306.0.
❑ 8. Check to make sure each person with a giving schedule has an email address in Deluxe. An email address is required in order to be migrated. Everyone with a Deluxe Portal account should have an email address since it is the required Username. However, you may want to check your scheduled givers, especially if you set up a schedule for someone because they were not tech savvy or they didn't have an email address. If so, you will want to add a placeholder email address like this: PlaceholderEmailAddress1@example.com. You can delete this from Community if it gets migrated there also, but it needs to be left in Elexio Giving.
- You notify us of your sign-off on the final Deluxe to Community migration.
- We will run the Data Migration of Online Givers
- We will notify you when it is complete and email you a spreadsheet with the names and emails of all who were migrated.
- This will help you be able to send an email to each type of donor with instructions on what to do.
- It will allow you to see the number of:
- People migrated
- Recurring Schedule Donors
- Who had No Password
- These are the people who signed into the Deluxe Portal with the Facebook or Google+ method, which didn’t create a password in Deluxe.
- We suggest you email them to let them know that their accounts were migrated, but they need to click the “Forgot Password?” link the first time they go into the new Online Giving link.
Your required tasks:
- Review the data in Giving (see screen shots here)
- Test logging in with your account or someone on staff
- Notify us of the results and your sign-off
- When ready, change your website link to online giving from Deluxe to Elexio Giving
- Disable online giving in the Deluxe Options area (go to Home > Options > Online Giving and Payments > Do not accept online donations or event payments). in case people have the portal bookmarked. You can also disable the portal all together in Deluxe by going to Deluxe > Home > Options > Portal and deleting all URL's.
- Communicate with the different types of donors according to their needs - Scheduled Givers; No-Password Givers; Other Existing Givers; and also potential new givers. This could be as simple as some text on the web page or an email.
- You may have had donations process in Deluxe in between when you ran your final data export and when you shut off Deluxe Online Giving. Check this with a Deluxe contribution detail report. If so, you will need to manually enter these donations into Community using the Giving > Input Giving screen.
- Check for duplicate donor names in Elexio Giving. The data migration of online givers checks for duplicates and tries to match schedules and saved payment methods with pre-existing accounts in Elexio Giving, but sometimes it creates a duplicate donor. Some reasons include if the existing donor does not have an email address or if the account was created before the final data migration from Deluxe to Community. If you find duplicates, you can merge them carefully using the Merge feature. Go to Elexio Giving > Donors > Merge (the Merge button is at the top of the screen). Make sure you merge into the new record that has the current Community ID in that person's Elexio Giving Envelope Number field.
Back to Top
- Who and what is migrated?
- It will not migrate schedules or givers who have only one saved payment method which has expired.
- If a person has multiple saved payment methods, it will migrate only their saved payment methods that are not expired.
- It will migrate anyone in the drop out group if they currently have a giving schedule set up.
- It does not migrate "all" portal accounts into Giving - only the accounts/users who have paid or given in the past.
- The migration will work just as well with Vanco or Authorize.net processing, so it doesn’t need FPS data specifically.
- It does not migrate the giving history of the donors into Elexio Giving. The giving history is only migrated into Community and will include online, cash and check. Elexio Giving will allow donors with accounts to see all their online donations from the migration forward.
- Frequency details:
- One-time giving schedules migrate as Weekly frequency with a Start Date and an Installment of 1
- If someone has 2 monthly donation schedules or more, they will all be created individually in Giving, not as a twice a month schedule.
- Checking for duplicates:
- The migration checks to see if there is already an account set up in Giving with the same email address as Deluxe and if so, it does not migrate in the password from Deluxe because it assumes the user wants to use the newer one from Giving. It will then check for payment methods to bring over and if the same method is already in Giving, it will not duplicate it.
- Users who used Facebook or Google+ login exclusively do not have a password in Deluxe. They will be imported with a random password and will need to use Forgot Password to reset it. We will provide a list of these people to you so you can notify them.
- Differences between Deluxe Portal and Elexio Giving Portal:
- In Deluxe, heads of households and spouses were able to see all the donations for their household and it included cash or check donations. In Elexio Giving the person logged in will only see the online giving they (and not their spouse) have initiated and will not see cash or check donations unless they log into the mobile app or Community which shows all types of giving.
- Fund names can be changed in Giving, but that change does not replicate to the giving schedules, so if you want to change the name of the funds for the future of how they will appear on the online giving list when you make it live to the web, you will want to change the fund names in Deluxe.
- Make sure the fund names in Giving are accurate before having lots of people create new schedules. Changing fund names in Giving will not change the fund name in people’s giving schedules. You would have to change the fund in each schedule one at a time if needed. If you do make a change and don’t update schedules, they will still be processed, but it will be marked to the original fund name the schedule is set up with.
- If you used Campus, it will be migrated, however, you may choose not to use the campus feature in Giving. The system does have the capability to list different funds depending on a person's campus.
Back to Top
What time of day are giving schedules processed?
The schedules will be processed in the morning as early as 3:00 AM which is when the servers start processing schedules. On busy days like the first of the month, to get through all our churches, it may take all morning. Since the migrations are run between 8:00 AM and noon Eastern Time (after 3:00 AM), the first day's scheduled giving is usually processed on the next day. Sometimes they make it into that first day's run, but usually not.
Can we do the Data Migration of Online Giving days or weeks after the Final Data Migration?
Our recommendation is that these two separate migrations happen close together. If they do not, it is important for you to plan for the transition leaving FPS available so there will not be an interruption in giving. You'll also want to plan for manually updating giving from Deluxe into Community for all donations that process after your final data migration.
I'm seeing new accounts in Elexio Giving being created without donations. Why is this?
Since Community is integrated with Giving and the Mobile app is tied into Community, it will create an account in giving as soon as people log into the mobile app. The Admins in Giving will be able to see a visible password that was randomly created - for example, "RTKBSDLG". If someone gives solely from the mobile app, it will stay that way. If someone, logs into the mobile app and then creates an account in Giving, it will match them up by email address and the password they create in their Giving set up process will replace the randomly assigned one. It will then be visible to the admins as "********". If 2 records are created for a donor because of this or because they use 2 different email addresses, there is a merge donors feature in Elexio Giving that can be used. Just make sure you keep the record that has the preferred email address/login and make sure the Envelope # field has the correct Community person ID.