Data Migration - From Other Systems
If migrating from Elexio Deluxe to Elexio Community, click here.
If migrating from another system, click on the system name to see the details of what can be migrated...
Some systems allow a backup version of the entire database to be exported, but some have more limited export options which makes migration, well... more limited.
For systems not listed above, Elexio data migrations TYPICALLY include the data listed below. However, you will need to speak with the Elexio sales team to find out what can and cannot be migrated. In rare cases, there may be additional fees. Further below is an overview of the data migration process and a detailed explanation of the process.
First and Last Name
Goes By or Nickname
Primary Email & Secondary Email
Phone Numbers (Home, Mobile , Work)
Dates like Birth. Baptism, Membership, Created, and Anniversary unless they are custom fields.
*Migrated into groups which is the recommended way to organize these in Community.
**As long as the source database structure enables migration.
Current Status (Member, etc.)
Amount of Contribution
Date of Contribution
Family Member tracked separately flag (not all systems)
Not Typically Migrated
Events and Rooms
Group Details or Properties
Documents or Background Checks
Follow-ups or Prayer Requests
Are you considering the DIY IMPORTER? If so, note that Family relationships are not able to be kept, so you will have to add people back into families manually.
Typical Migration Process Overview
- You upload a copy of your data to our secure server.
- We program your migration and migrate your data into Elexio Community. This may take some back and forth communication.
- You review the migration of the data.
- You communicate to us any issues you find.
- You select a date for your final migration and confirm with us - with the advice of your Success Coach if you have one.
- We run your final migration.
- You review and sign-off on the final migration, then start using Community
Successful migration requires deliberate collaborative efforts by both Elexio and you. Migration occurs in phases to allow time for you to validate your data. Your Data Champions Team should be included in the process of validation and training, rather than just informed when the data migration is complete.
Back to Top
Detailed 3 Step Process
- Initial Data Migration
The first run of data migration into Elexio Community is called Initial Data Migration (IDM). On your scheduled IDM Date, an initial migration is performed. The IDM does not change or delete information in your current system.
Once you’ve been notified that your IDM has been completed, you and your team will begin verifying data accuracy. First, you will verify that your data has been migrated accurately by comparing what migrated into Community versus what is recorded in your current system. Please complete this data validation before making any changes in Elexio Community. You will need to review any automatic system configurations created in the IDM process. The validation effort will ensure accuracy and complement your other training efforts.
Even though you see your data in Elexio Community, you will continue using your current system until your Final Data Migration is complete. Even if your data migration mapping choices have been finalized, we recommend taking the time to learn Community, making implementation decisions, testing, and preparing your team before you complete a Final Data Migration and go live.
- Sandbox Phase
After initial data migration and subsequent adjustment migration runs, a copy of your data remains temporarily in Elexio Community. On a later date, when the final data migration is run, all the data in Elexio Community will be purged and replaced with the most current data from your current system. The time between these two dates provides a "sandbox" training environment in Elexio Community during your implementation process. The Sandbox Phase is an ideal time to practice using Community and defining your processes.
We recommend 4 to 16 weeks of learning and planning before going live. The average church goes live in the 8 to 10 week range.
You can practice in Elexio Community with your own data and practice entering new data without risk. During the Sandbox Phase, please remember to only enter data into Elexio Community for practice, as all data will be purged from Elexio Community on a later date.
- Final Data Migration (FDM) and Go Live
After taking the time to learn Community, making implementation decisions, testing, and preparing your team, a final data migration to Elexio Community can be executed. The scope of migrated data and configuration is the same as Initial Data Migration. FDM purges all data from Elexio Community and replaces it with a copy of the most recent data you upload. FDM does not remove or delete data from your current system. You can save it or export it as an archive copy in case you need it later.
This is the moment your church ceases to use your current system and begins to use Elexio Community exclusively. During the review period of this final run, you should not edit either database between the final data migration and your final sign-off. Please consider the impact of this change carefully. You will want to have planned accordingly and be ready to communicate with your staff, volunteers, and congregation as desired.
Successful churches pre-schedule their FDM to occur at the end of their team’s implementation planning process, just before the team switches to Elexio Community. Here is the schedule surrounding FDM:
- All data entry must be completed in your current system prior to data migration.
- Both your current system and Elexio Community must be left idle on the day(s) of migration.
- Elexio Community will be ready for validation immediately following migration.
- We recommend that you validate your data in Elexio Community compared to your current system data, just as you did after the Initial Data Migration. If you see any discrepancies, please contact Elexio with a detailed explanation of what information was not imported correctly, allowing us to make corrections as quickly as possible.
- After validation, you sign-off, then we give you the go-ahead for your team to begin using Elexio Community to complete any additional setup and data entry in preparation for Go Live.
Once your Final Data Migration is complete and your data validated, you will announce to your team that your church is now Live with Elexio Community. It is at this point that Elexio Community becomes your authoritative database. From this day forward your team will use Elexio Community for all data management.
Here are a few things you’ll want to do right after your FDM is signed off on:
- Assign correct permission roles to all needed users
- Check and update settings if needed
- Start data clean up if necessary (edit, merge, move, split, etc.)
- Set up groups by changing names, adding groups, and adding members and leaders to groups or deleting unneeded groups
- Check all group settings and create and assign group Categories and Properties
- Setup any needed Interaction types, workflows, etc.
Back to Top